Ann O’Gorman is a highly-respected star member of the Harcourts Rhino branch. She sees through the eyes of the client, and caters to every expectation, exceeding them every time.
- 1. Why did you decide to join Harcourts?
They joined me haha! I have been part of the Rhino team for 25 years and Harcourts for 11 of them.
2. What is your favourite thing about being a Harcourts team member?
Love being part of a well-respected brand. Very proud to work for a values-based organisation that has great culture and systems, too.
3. What do you enjoy most about being in real estate?
Having the knowledge and expertise to help people fulfil their dreams.
4. What advice would you offer to people new to the industry?
Be the best version of yourself all of the time, don’t try to be something that you are not, be natural, be compassionate. Only work with sellers that entrust you with an exclusive mandate, don’t waste your time and energy on open listings, walk away from them. Ensure you use H1 to the fullest. If you look after your reputation then real estate is easy.
5. What is your most memorable career moment to date?
First time I was inducted into Blue Circle, was totally unexpected, as it was before we could monitor our successes on HTrack. That year, the focus was on doing my part for the office to be awarded Top Office, never imagined a Blue Circle ranking coming out of it!
6. What activities have led to your success?
Constant management support and mentoring. Building my own team. The Harcourts brand. Looking after my reputation.
7. What is your secret to maintaining a strong relationship with clients?
Constant communication. Take the stress out of the process for them, organise what they can’t. Treat each client as you’d expect to be treated. Make the experience a pleasurable one.